MDC689 Digital Cinema Post-Production
Lead Faculty: Mr. Edward Alyn Warren III, MFA
Students work collaboratively editing digital cinema projects shot during MDC 688 using professional editing and audio post-production systems. Must be taken onsite at a National University campus. Must be taken concurrently with MDC 683P, unless approved by lead faculty. See the program catalog description for residency information. (A materials fee applies.)
- Import footage using the appropriate settings.
- Organize footage in a logical way that provides easy access.
- Be proficient with AVID Media Composer. Be able to capture and organize footage, edit sequences, build sound tracks, create titles, import music and output a completed final project.
- Apply the aesthetics of motion picture editing in the design of an original, finished project.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of edit choices.
- Collaborate with others as a post-production staff member in the editing process.