JRN600 The New News
Lead Faculty: Dr. Sara-Ellen L. Amster Ph.D
Transforms a journalist into a multimedia powerhouse who can produce news, features and associated products for a variety of audiences. Students gain familiarity with the demands of each medium, create news stories for print, audio, video and online media platforms, and learn to move fluidly from one medium to another.
- Generate a variety of stories including news, features and thematic content.
- Explain how the division of labor has changed in the new, integrated newsroom.
- Produce and format material for print, podcast, TV and the Web.
- Design stories in a variety of media formats emphasizing the special aspects of a story that work best in each medium.
- Integrate the tools of the trade, including both hardware and software to create story packages.