HSE640 Leading Complex Environments
Course DescriptionThis course explores the challenges of leading in complex organizational and system environments that are part of homeland security and emergency management responses. The course demonstrates the complexities of leading by building on collaboration. It emphasizes the role of building support and collaboration to maximize strengths of an organization or system in preparing for and responding to natural and manmade disasters.
- Analyze the role of collaboration in building support in homeland security and emergency management environments.
- Compare problems that require consensus building in complex organizational and systemic environments.
- Create approaches to building collaborative environments.
- Design organizational responses to homeland security and emergency management problems.
- Evaluate challenges organizations address in building systemic responses to natural and manmade disasters.
- Contrast ethical issues of responding to challenges in complex organizational and systemic environments.
- Analyze leadership traits for building collaborative environments.