FLM315 Production Audio
Course DescriptionCovers the professional techniques of digital audio field recording and sound editing for film and digital media. Includes sound department personnel and responsibilities, microphone selection and placement; use of an audio mixer, dual system recording and recorder settings for dialog, ambient sounds, and environmental effects, sound asset management and integration of assets during postproduction.
- Illustrate professional digital audio asset management, record keeping, and soundtrack organization.
- Use professional sound recording equipment and techniques to record dialog, ambient, and environmental sounds in the field.
- Incorporate previously recorded, appropriate sound assets into a digital media program.
- Detect audio issues in a sound track and their causes.
- Use audio editing software to equalize and clean up audio tracks for screenings.