Bachelor of Public Administration –Waterworks Management Pathway
Become a Leader in the Waterworks Industry
National University is proud to support the workforce needs of the waterworks industry. No other resource is more vital to California’s survival and prosperity than its water supply. The water and wastewater industry anticipates a rapidly growing demand for highly skilled professionals in the coming years. As current seasoned leaders retire, the water and wastewater agencies will face increasing vacancies, many of which require a bachelor’s degree. This academic pathway is possible thanks to the insight and recommendations of regional employers coordinated by the Center for Water Studies at Cuyamaca College and the San Diego County Water Authority.
National University is currently the only institution in California that offers a bachelor’s degree specifically designed to prepare new leaders for the waterworks industry. This accelerated program allows students who have completed their associate degrees to work toward a bachelor’s degree with minimal time and expense.
Waterworks Management Concentration Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the concentration, students will be able to:
- Describe issues and challenges facing water at the state, regional, and local levels
- Describe the governing requirements specific to water quality and regulatory compliance
- Evaluate recruitment and retention programs
- Develop a crisis management plan for a water or wastewater agency
- Analyze various leadership theories as they relate to water management best practices
Here’s How Academic Pathways Work
- Step 1: Review your community college’s waterworks degree offerings.
- Step 2: Complete general education certification (California — either IGETC or CSU breadth or your state’s transfer GE core transfer curriculum) and recommended waterworks coursework.
- Step 3: Apply to NU then submit your transcripts.
If you would like to enroll in this pathway, fill out the form on the right side of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. For more information about National University’s Bachelor of Public Administration program with a concentration in Waterworks Management, email the Academic Program Director Sara Kelly at email@example.com.
- Antelope Valley College
- Citrus College
- College of Southern Nevada
- College of the Canyons
- College of the Redwoods
- Colorado Mesa University
- Columbia College
- Cuyamaca College
- Folsom Lake College
- Gateway Community College
- Gavilan College
- Imperial Valley College
- LA Trade Tech College
- Lake County Campus of Woodland Community College
- Mt. San Jacinto College
- Northwest Vista College
- Palomar College
- Pike’s Peak College
- Red Rocks Community College
- San Bernadino Valley College
- Santa Barbara College
- Santa Rosa College
- Santiago Canyon College
- Shasta College
- Solano Community College
- Taft College
- Ventura College