National University is the City of San Diego’s Preferred Partner for Higher Education.
National University is offering all City of San Diego employees a 20% Tuition Reduction Scholarship and a waiver of the application fee toward earning an associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree, or certification. Anyone working in Public Safety, either sworn or non-sworn, is eligible for National University’s Public Safety Promise and can find more information here. Additionally, your spouses and dependents are eligible for a 10% Tuition Reduction Scholarship.
Ideal for Working Professionals
The City of San Diego Tuition Reduction Scholarship is a great benefit for working adults who want to reach their educational goals but are concerned about how they can fit classes into their busy lives.
Since 1971, National University has maintained its mission to serve the education needs of working adults by offering:
- A flexible one-course-per-month format that provides concentrated learning, so you can focus on one subject at a time, and complete a full course in a single month.
- Year-round enrollment so you can start your education whenever your personal and work schedules allow.
- On-campus or online options that give you the choice of taking classes at any one of six local campuses or online.
- A regionally accredited* university by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities, which means your classes and instructors meet high standards and your education is respected and transferable.
- A private, nonprofit university environment that is focused on helping you to succeed in reaching your educational goals and achieving career success.
Please fill out the form to be contacted by an admissions advisor who can help you with this scholarship, educational counseling, transferring credits, financial aid opportunities, and the admissions process.
City of San Diego employees who are students of National University through this program will acknowledge and will be personally responsible to the University for payment of fees and tuition. Employees wishing to enroll will be required to apply for admission to National University and be admitted in accordance with the University’s existing admission requirements. Employment status for applicants and students will be verified by your employer for the University.
NU offers over 75 on-campus and online programs through a unique four-week class format to help you develop the momentum you need to reach your career goals.
This scholarship does not apply to:
- Pre-licensure Nursing Programs
- Radiation Therapy Programs
- All Doctoral Programs
For questions, please contact National University.
* Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges