Dr. Patricia Dickenson
Dr. Patricia Dickenson was a classroom teacher and a mathematics coach for the Los Angeles Unified School district. She received her doctorate from the University of Southern California in 2009. Her research examines teacher professional development in the area of mathematics and technology. She is the course lead for ITL 516 Mathematics Integrative Design and ITL 518 Science Integrative Design. She is a regular writer on her website: www.teacherpreptech.com and can be found on twitter @teacherpreptech
- 2011-10-01, TED Multiple Subject, CTC, CA
- 2008-04-21, Administrative Services Credential – Certificate of Eligibility, CTC, CA
- 2006-09-02, TED Multiple Subject, CTC, CA
- 2003-07-01, TED Multiple Subject, CTC, CA
- 2002-10-08, TED Multiple Subject, CTC, CA
- 2002-08-01, Pre-Intern Certificate, CTC, CA
- 2001-07-01, Pre-Intern Certificate, CTC, CA
|Paper||2016-04-14||Teachers Lead Teachers in Professional Development.||National Council of Teaching Mathematics Annual Meeting||San Francisco|
|Paper||2016-04-12||Why Second-Career Professionals Choose to Teach and the Experiences that Shape their Practice||American Education Research Association||Washington DC|
|Paper||2016-04-10||Does Real-time Collaboration Improve Student Assessment?||American Education Research Association||Washington DC|
|Conference||2016-02-27||Project-based learning for Deeper Mathematical Learning with Web 2.0 tools.||Teachers||Univ of California Santa Cruz|
|Paper||2015-11-15||Facilitating Group Work for Productivity and Efficiency||Eighth International Conference on e-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies and the e-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies knowledge community||Santa Cruz, CA|
|Paper||2015-11-15||Exploring the Motives, Strategies and Tensions of Early Career Academics.||Eighth International Conference on e-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies and the e-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies knowledge community||Santa Cruz, CA|
|Paper||2015-05-20||Second Career Preservice Teachers: Why They Become Teachers||International Conference for Academic Disciplines||Boston, Ma|
|Paper||2015-04-13||Faculty Perceptions of Teaching and Advising as it Relates to University Expectations||Society of Professors of Education||Chicago, Illinois|
- Dickenson, P.D., (2016). The Flipped Classroom in a Hybrid Teacher Education Course: Teachers' Self-Efficacy and Instructors Practices.. Journal of Innovative Teaching,
- Dickenson, P.D., Dickenson, Patricia, Jaurez James. (2016). Increasing Productivity and Efficiency in Online Teaching..
- Dickenson, P.D., Dickenson P & Montgomery, J.. (2016). The Role of Teacher Leadership for Promoting Professional Development Practices.. Innovative Professional Development Methods and Strategies for STEM Education.
- Dickenson, P.D., Dickenson, P., Hall, M., & Courduff, J.. (2015). Moving Beyond the Basics: The Evolution of Web 2.0 Tools from Preview to Participate.. Handbook of Research on the Societal Impact of Digital Media.
- Dickenson, P.D., (2014). Flipping the Classroom in a Teacher Education Course. Promoting Active Learning Through the Flipped Classroom Mode.
- Dickenson, P.D., (2014). Redesigning teacher education programs to meet the needs of today's second career pre-service teachers.. Cases on Teacher Identity, Diversity, and Cognition in Higher Education.
- Dickenson, P.D., (n.d.). Blending Digital Content in Teacher Education Programs. Active Learning in the Flipped Classroom Model in the Digital Age.
- Dickenson, P.D., Sara Bender, & Patricia Dickenson. (2019). Utilizing Social Media to Engage Students in Online Learning: Building Relationships Outside of the Learning Management System.. Increasing Productivity and Efficiency in Online Teaching.
- Dickenson, P.D., (2009). Goal orientation of Latino English language learners: The relationship between students' engagement, achievement and teachers instructional practices in mathematics..
- Dickenson, P.D., (2016). Creating an Online Web Presence for Instructional Use..