Dr. Joseph Marron
Dr. Joseph M. Marron is currently Professor and Program Director for the Graduate Program in Higher Education Administration at National University. Dr. Marron received his Doctorate in Higher Education Administration at Vanderbilt University and his Post-Doctoral work was completed at the Institute of Educational Management at Harvard University. Dr. Marron served as Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management at a number of public and private colleges and universities for more than two decades. He also previously held academic positions as Systemwide Director: Educational Leadership and Policy, State Director of Student Support Services and Professor, Program Director Higher Education Administration Doctoral Program. Dr. Marron has Chaired 30+ Dissertation Committees in the areas of Higher Education Administration and Education Leadership. Dr. Marron’s research focuses on Higher Education Law, Leadership, Professional Development Models and Higher Education Standards and Professional Competencies. He is the author of 30 peer-reviewed publications and has presented over 200 juried academic papers/presentations and has held numerous leadership positions in a number of Higher Education Professional Associations.
- American Association for Higher Education
- American Council on Education
- Association of College Personnel Administrators
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Association for the Study of Higher Education
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
- Marron, J. M.. (2016). Review: Higher Education Law: Policies and Procedures.
- Marron, J., Castle, S., Hopkins, T.. (2016). Assessing the Effectiveness of Graduate Higher Education Administration Program in Terms of Student Assessment of Learning. International Technology, Education and Developmen.
- Marron, J., Castle, S., Hopkins, T.. (2015). Assessing Student Learning in Courses Taught by Authors vs. Other Qualified Instructors. International Conference of Education, Research an.
- Marron, J. M.. (n.d.). The Higher Education Leadership Personal Skill Set for the 21st Century. Transforming into an Educational Leader.
- Marron, J. (2018-02-01). Getting Involved as an Adjunct. Lecture presented at the National University Sanford College of Education. Adjunct Faculty Conference, La Jolla, Ca.
- Marron, J. (2018-01-01). HELPPS (Higher Education Leadership Personal Skill Set). Your Professional Competencies for Student Affairs Professional Development Tool. Conference presented at the NASPA National Conference.
Dr. Joseph Marron
College: Sanford College of Education
Department: Educational Leadership
Academic Program Director: Master of Science in Higher Education Administration
Torrey Pines South Campus