A study of sequences, Taylor Polynomials, infinite series, and tests for convergence, and the power series. An overview of ordinary differential equations; the initial-value Problem; exactness and integrating factors; and Bernoulli and higher-order equations with forcing functions. Graphing calculator is required.
- Clearly demonstrate an ability to employ vector operations and properties to include additive, scalar, and vector cross product operations. Using such fundamental properties, the student will provide evidence of employing vectors to define lines and planes in 3-space, and will demonstrate competence in extending such capability to conic surfaces.
- Show ability to define vector-valued functions in terms of the scalar functions as components to the basis vectors.
- Interpret resulting-properties correctly.
- Successfully differentiate and integrate the scalar components.
- Provide evidence of understanding and competence in differentiation and integration of functions of more than one variable.
- Demonstrate sufficient capability with partial derivatives so as to permit derivations of directional derivatives and gradient functions.
- Develop the elements of Jacobean Matrix.
- Display capability to incorporate change of variable and other associated applications as specified in the corresponding goal of this syllabus.
- Understand the comprehension of the classic theorems of mechanics will be evaluated by application to elementary surface.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences