The Program is designed to provide candidates with the knowledge and skills necessary for leadership positions in institutions of Higher Education. Candidates will learn to apply sound educational theory, leadership and strategic management techniques in the planning, evaluation and implementation of instructional programs and student services. Candidates will learn strategies for managing and implementing change in the dynamic higher education environment. Developing and maintaining positive community relationships and addressing diverse community needs and interests will be addressed, along with financial management and case law pertinent to higher education.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Analyze sound educational philosophy, theory and practice to managing change, policy and governance, strategic planning and analysis, student services, and enrollment management in higher education.
- Appraise change strategies, including understanding complex human phenomena such as resistance and anxiety.
- Evaluate current higher education policy in the context of its possible impact on the future of colleges and universities.
- Examine the impact community relations have on institutions of higher learning.
- Interpret major legal issues that impact higher education today and will impact higher education in the future.
- Examine resource management in higher education settings.
- Analyze strategic planning and evaluation strategies and data in the context of student, programmatic assessment, and operational needs.
- Examine the impact Student Services and Enrollment Management have on institutions of higher learning.
- Critically analyze a topic related to higher education administration through the lens of a researcher.
- EDA 640 Introduction to H.E. Admin.
- EDA 641 Leading and Managing Change
- EDA 642 Policy & Accountability
- EDA 643 Community Development in HE
- EDA 644 Higher Education Law/Politics
- EDA 645 Managing Finances & Operations
- EDA 646 Strategic Planning & Analysis
- EDA 648 Student Svcs & Enrollment Mgt
- EDA 649 Higher Education Research
- EDA 694 Thesis