Lang. Acquisition Learning
Focuses on the components of language and theories of first and second language acquisition. Compares and contrasts the processes and outcomes of first and second language acquisition. Includes classroom implications of first and second language acquisition.
- Describe and analyze the major components of language, and explain the ways in which they interact.
- Describe the classroom implications of first language development and second language acquisition.
- Compare and contrast the natures of first and second language acquisition, and analyze the relationships between the two processes.
- Analyze the ways in which literacy and language develop during the school years.
- Analyze and design classroom strategies that will support students’ first and second language development.
- Describe, compare and contrast the major theories of first and second language acquisition, and use those theories to explain how language is acquired.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.