Preferably, for candidates planning to student teach in the near future. Candidates apply research-based models and strategies in creating and maintaining effective learning communities in K-6 or G7-12 classroom settings. There is an emphasis on preventing and managing common classroom situations as well as working with disruptive students. Requires four-hours of work in a K-6 or G7-12 classroom.
- Use strategies and models in building K-6 or G7-12 learning environments and communities that are appropriate for grade level and content area. (MCA 1)
- Demonstrate strategies to teach proactive and pro-social skills to K-6 or G7-12 students that are appropriate for grade level and content area. (MCA 1)
- Identify legal, ethical, professional and effective practices for working with difficult students and situations. (MCA 2)
- Identify policies, procedures, laws and strategies for developing and maintaining safe schools/classrooms. (MCA 3)
- Develop a finalized K-6 or G7-12 classroom management plan. (MCA 3)
- Use effective, legal, professional, and ethical practices in working with K-6 or G7-12 students and their families. (MCA 4)
- Apply and evaluate strategies for working with outside resources in effectively managing K-6 or G7-12 students. (MCA 4)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 230,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.