Student Work and Assessments
This course will provide students with opportunities to review research and commentary that guide and shape decisions and judgments we make when determining the levels of progress students are making toward achieving academic goals, and to identify elements of our practice that contribute to successful learning outcomes.
- Apply the learning from at least 2 articles or reports and 2 websites that inform planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Accurately analyze student work samples that result from lesson planning outlined in the NBCT Portfolio criteria.
- Design instruction to advance achievement in a specific content area defined by the NBCT Portfolio Entry requirements and Scoring Guide.
- Describe specific instructional approaches that match instructional goals and meet individual needs of diverse students.
- Write commentaries that reflect analysis and achievement of identified NBCT standards focused on the analysis of student work.
- Apply specifics and strategies for responding to subject matter on-demand exercises that reflect NBCT Assessment Center Prompts and Situations.
- Reflect on lesson design, assessment choices, and evidence of student achievement.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.