Optimized Learning Community
Research-based strategies and models managing an equitable and inclusive K-12 learning environments. Social-emotional growth, development, and individual responsibility. Positive interventions and supports, restorative justice, and conflict resolution practices. Prevention of common classroom problems. Effectively work with challenging students. Establishment of safe classroom and school environments to prevent bullying.
- Design ways to establish, maintain, and monitor inclusive learning environments by using an array of positive behavioral supports ensuring each student is treated fairly and respectfully by adults and peers, thrives through social-emotional growth, and expresses appropriate developmental and individual responsibility.
- Create projects to examine legal, ethical, professional and effective practices needed to establish social-emotionally learning environments designed to address bullying prevention, challenging students, families, community resources and educational/school supportive structures.
- Develop procedures to manage the implementation of classroom rules, classroom traffic flow, paperwork, and mutual behavioral norms to facilitate positive interactions.
- Propose a classroom management plan to establish a classroom culture from the first day of school representing an equitable and inclusive learning community with classroom rules and consequences, organizational procedures for instruction, and specific procedures for transitions.
- Design plans for promoting positive behavior management by using behavioral supports, such as Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS), conflict resolution, restorative justice, and similar group practices.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to complete an assignment requiring four-hours in K12 classroom(s), schools, and/or with one or more educators representing a variety of roles and responsibilities
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignment requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.