Overview and application of the instructional design (ID) process. Topics include learning theories and how they relate to ID, design of needs assessment, analysis of subject matter content, development of effective learning objectives, design of instructional strategies, online collaboration, integration of online delivery systems, and assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of the Rapid Approach to Instructional Design with other ID methods.
- Differentiate between the five steps of the ADDIE model and evaluate how they work together in the creation of effective instructional design.
- Rate the strengths and weaknesses of at least three different Instructional Design Models and define which type of Instructional Design each is best suited for.
- Conduct a performance gap assessment on a problem and use the results to determine the best method for addressing the problem.
- Discuss the importance of well-defined learning objectives in creating effective instructional design.
- Write clear and concise learning objectives which are useful, observable, assessable, and written in performance terms.
- Compare at least three different Learning Management Systems (LMS) and differentiate between the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Analyze the design of an online course by assessing what elements are used effectively and why, and what elements need improvement and how they could be improved.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.