Children: Prenatal Through Middle Childhood
Overview of major and theoretical frameworks and perspectives. Focus on gender and cultural impact on biological, physical, cognitive, social, moral, emotional and behavioral aspects of development for effective educational practices.
- Summarize the major biological, physical, cognitive, social, moral, emotional and behavioral milestones of early childhood.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, the impact of culture on healthy early childhood development.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, an understanding of gender on healthy early childhood development.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, the use of appropriate materials and plan educational activities to foster healthy child development.
- Synthesize, both in writing and discussion, current issues in early childhood education and their implications for educational practice.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level written communication skills.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level application of analytical and critical thinking skills.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.