National University invites you, your family and friends, to celebrate your remarkable accomplishment at 2:00 pm on Sunday, June 30, 2019 at the San Diego Convention Center
Please carefully review the information on this site for all of the important details necessary for your special day to go as smoothly as possible. Questions should be directed to email@example.com. It is our sincere desire to provide a memorable event that showcases your outstanding achievement.
Congressman Scott Peters, who serves California’s 52nd Congressional district, will deliver the 47th commencement keynote address. Prior to joining congress, Peters worked as an environmental lawyer for 15 years and served as an economist for the United States Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, D.C. A staunch advocate for the military and veteran community, Peters has passed legislation aimed at providing resources that help support the military’s goals. He earned his undergraduate degree from Duke University and his juris doctorate degree from New York University School of Law.
|Important student information and deadlines||Deadlines|
|Regalia: Caps & Gowns are required for all non-military students and must be ordered.
Military students may elect to wear their dress uniform in lieu of regalia.
|An application for graduation is required in order to participate in the commencement ceremony.If you fail to apply by the deadline, your name will NOT be in the Commencement Program.
|Legal name changes should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by:
|Tickets are required for all guests over the age of 2. Reserve a maximum of 5 tickets for your guests by:
Additional Student Information
- Doors will open at 11:30am.
- Remember, tickets are required for all guests. Guests under the age of 2 who sit on the lap of an adult do not require a ticket.
- Graduates must bring their regalia (Graduate students: cap, gown, tassel and hood; Undergraduate students: cap, gown and stole).
- Graduates need to check-in at Exhibit Hall C with identification, no later than 1:15 pm. You will be guided to the official line-up by School/College and Degree level to prepare for the processional.
- Graduates will be given a Stage Card that has your official, legal name from the University records.
- You may handwrite on the card how you want your name announced from stage.
- Honors Cords — Undergraduates with a GPA of 3.5 or higher or Graduate students with a GPA of 3.85 or higher are eligible to wear a silver cord that can be picked up at Graduate Check In.
- All graduates will have designated seating assigned by each School/College. Graduates are required to sit in their assigned School/College areas, grouped by Degree level, to facilitate an orderly processional across the stage.
- Your official diploma will be mailed to you approximately six weeks from your conferral date.
Graduate Accommodation Requirements
Any graduate who requires special access accommodations for the Commencement event should contact Student Accessibility Services at SAS@nu.edu by Monday, April 8, 2019 to provide timely notice for processing of their requests.
Guest Accommodation Recommendations
Please arrange accessibility accommodations prior to Commencement day, as equipment is not available onsite at the San Diego Convention Center. Please see vendor recommendations below:
- American Medical Equipment Supply Inc.
Phone: (408) 559-5800
- Preferred Interpreting (Interpreting and Captioning):
Phone: (888) 987-6309
- Networking Interpreting Services (Interpreting and Captioning):
Phone: (800) 248-1043
- Purple Communications (Interpreting):
Phone: (800) 900-9478
For accessibility questions related to the San Diego Convention Center only, contact Lydia Ochoa at Lydia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ceremony specific questions only, contact email@example.com.
Convention Center Information
Academic Regalia & Vendor Information
- Academic Regalia by Jostens (cap & gown, diploma frames and announcements)
- National University merchandise and flowers
- Official photos
- June 30, 2019, 2:00 pm
- San Diego Convention Center (enter W. Harbor Drive)
- Parking is available in the parking structure (rates range from $15 to $35 on days when there is a special event at Petco Park or other downtown events; payment is due upon entry), or there is nearby street parking:
- 11:30 am Doors Open
- 1:15 pm Graduates must be checked in
- 1:45 pm All guests should be seated in Halls A & B for the main ceremony
- 2:00 pm Processional and Ceremony
- 3:30 pm (approximate time) — Recessional for the main ceremony
- 3:30-3:50 pm Intermission
- 3:50 pm Private School/College Ceremonies
- 4:30 pm (approximate time) — Recessional for Private School/College Ceremonies
- There is no assigned seating for guests, though there will be designated seating for those with disabilities.
- Restrictions for the all ceremonies
- Balloons and noisemakers are prohibited
- No outside food & beverages