National University invites you, your family and friends, to celebrate your remarkable accomplishment at 1:00 pm on Sunday, May 19, 2019 at the San Jose Convention Center.
Please carefully review the information on this site for all of the important details necessary to ensure your special day goes as smoothly as possible. If any of this information is unclear, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification. It is our sincere desire to provide a memorable event that showcases your outstanding achievement.
|Important student information and deadlines||Deadlines|
|Regalia: Caps & Gowns are required for all non-military students and must be ordered.
Military students may elect to wear their dress uniform in lieu of regalia.
|An application for graduation is required in order to participate in the commencement ceremony.If you fail to apply by the deadline, your name will NOT be in the Commencement Program or be able to be displayed on the large screen but it will still be announced and recognized.
|Legal name changes should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by:
|Tickets are required for all guests over the age of 2. Reserve a maximum of 5 tickets for your guests by:
Additional Student Information
- Remember, tickets are required for all guests. Guests under the age of 2 who sit on the lap of an adult do not require a ticket.
- Doors will open at 11:00 am.
- Graduates must bring their regalia (Graduate students: cap, gown, tassel and hood; Undergraduate students: cap, gown and stole).
- Graduates should check-in, with identification, in Room 230 (adjacent to Hall 3) by 12:15 pm. You will be guided to the official line-up by School/College and Degree to prepare for the processional.
- Graduates will be given a Stage Card that has your official, legal name from the University records.
- You may handwrite on the card how you want your name announced from stage.
- Honors Cords — Undergraduates with a GPA of 3.5 or higher or Graduate students with a GPA of 3.85 or higher are eligible to wear a silver cord that can be picked up at Graduate Check In.
- All graduates will have designated seating assigned by each School/College. Graduates are required to sit in their assigned School/College areas, grouped by Degree, to facilitate an orderly processional across the stage.
- Your official diploma will be mailed to you approximately six weeks from your conferral date.
Special Accommodation Requirements
Any graduate who requires special access accommodations for the Commencement event should contact Student Accessibility Services at SAS@nu.edu by Monday, April 8, 2019 in order to assure appropriate assistance.
Convention Center Information
Academic Regalia & Vendor Information
- Academic Regalia by Jostens (cap & gown, diploma frames and announcements)
- National University merchandise and flowers
- Official photos
- May 19, 2019, 1:00 pm
- San Jose Convention Center (you may enter on Almaden Blvd. or Market Street).
- Parking is available in the parking structure ($20 maximum), or there is nearby street parking:
- 11:00 am — Doors Open
- 12:45 pm — All guests should be seated in Hall 3
- 1:00 pm — Processional and Ceremony
- 3:00 pm (approximate time) — Recessional
- There is no assigned seating for guests, though there will be designated seating for those with disabilities.
- Restrictions for the main ceremony
- Balloons and noisemakers are prohibited
- No outside food & beverages