Students demonstrate integration of knowledge from the core, core clinical, and clinical coursework in the MSN-FNP Program. The compilation and interpretation of information from previous courses is demonstrated in a scholarly paper and successfully passing an exam which mirrors the national board certification examination for Family Nurse Practitioners.
- Utilize research findings to serve as the basis for clinical and organizational decision making.
- Model quality cost-effective care as evidenced by the management of human, fiscal, and physical healthcare resources.
- Examine professional values, ethical principles, and legal constraints in the collection of data.
- Utilize a range of theories to develop a comprehensive and holistic approach to care.
- Develop an understanding of diversity in health and illness.
- Design comprehensive, holistic plans of care that address the health promotion and disease prevention needs of client populations.
- Interpret data acquired through assessments and the results of laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Formulate the differential diagnoses derived from the acquired clinical data.
- Utilize advanced independent nursing interventions when managing individuals with stable and/or chronic health states.
- Demonstrate collaboration with the interdisciplinary health care team in the management of clients with acute or chronic health problems.
- Evaluate outcomes and effectiveness of care based on quality improvement indices and measures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the utilization of telecommunication technologies, informatics, and electronic health record systems in the management and dissemination of healthcare data and outcomes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services