Application of theoretical knowledge in supervised clinical settings in the practice of caring for the adult and aged. The role of the family nurse practitioner in health promotion and disease prevention is emphasized. Required 180 preceptored/field experience clinical hours. FNP 683A and FNP 683B must be taken concurrently. Grading is S/U only.
- Demonstrate the content knowledge and psychomotor skills needed to conduct a thorough patient history and physical examination.
- Differentiate abnormal from normal physical examination findings and cluster same into patterns of significant positive and negative data.
- Delineate differential diagnosis lists upon collection of patient data, including the history, physical examination, and diagnostic tests.
- Outline culturally-appropriate patient management plans incorporating lifestyle modification, pharmacotherapeutics, and referrals as indicated.
- Describe therapeutic management plans for common acute and chronic illnesses of adults and the aged that are widely endorsed by professional organizations in America.
- Utilize research methods and and evolving information systems’ technologies in the delivery of primary health care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services