Provides pathophysiological principles and concepts essential for performing advanced clinical assessments, differential diagnoses, and therapeutic decision-making. Describes disordered physiology and clinical consequences of common disease processes. Analyses of the biophysical rationale are used during seminar, problem-solving exercises and case studies to recognize the pathophysiologic bases of clinical findings.
- Discuss the current research in pathophysiology related to select patient case studies of pathophysiological processes across the lifespan.
- Describe relevant findings of diagnostic or other evaluative studies as they relate to clinical disorders.
- Apply evidence-based knowledge related to pathophysiological processes for clinical reasoning in advanced practice nursing.
- Develop advanced knowledge and understanding of theories that relate the pathophysiology to the cultural and social environment.
- Develop appropriate clinical inferences for health promotion and illness prevention in individuals and families of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Interpret clinical data essential to diagnosing and managing specific pathophysiological problems.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in analyzing pathophysiologic states based on subjective and objective symptomatology.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services