This course explores fundamental concepts and methods of statistics as applied to health related fields. The topics of this course include: introduction to basic concepts of descriptive and inferential statistics as they apply to health research; basic and intermediate concepts for testing, statistical hypotheses, construction and interpretation of confidence intervals; applying selected parametric and nonparametric techniques; regression and multiple regression; analysis of covariance, multivariate ANOVA, and related multivariate analyses. Computer software will be used to illustrate statistical procedures.
- Describe an understanding of the concepts underlying the statistical methods covered.
- Distinguish appropriate statistical procedures for specific situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct, interpret and report an analysis of a data set using computer software.
- Recognize appropriate (and inappropriate) uses of statistics.
- Demonstrate how to communicate in the language of statistics.
- Evaluate relevant research and professional literature using a proper knowledge of statistics.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services