This course introduces the concepts, techniques, strategies and metrics of quality improvement using the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) framework. Patient care quality and safety in the context of structure, process and outcomes in care delivery are explored. Identification of improvement opportunities, action plan development and outcomes evaluation through project management are addressed.
- Discuss the evolution of the QSEN competencies and how they are utilized.
- Employ the tools of process improvement theory to understand the meaning of different types of variation in clinical metrics.
- Use best evidence, measurement standards, and benchmarks to determine the stability of care systems, processes, and outcomes.
- Apply project management skills to plan a quality improvement project.
- Discuss common performance measures of nurse sensitive indicators that are used to monitor the quality of care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services