Continuing examination of the family as a unit, this course focuses on the health care needs of families with children. Emphasis is placed on the variations in health care due to behavioral, life cycle, genetic, cultural, and environmental factors. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 315A is required unless approved by the Department Chair.
- Describe basic concepts, practices, and issues which affect the family with children and apply this knowledge to one’s clinical practice safely and correctly.
- Describe the physiologic changes of childhood and relate these changes to their health care needs.
- Identify the psychological changes which occur during childhood and relate these changes to these health care needs of the child and family.
- Identify the social, cultural and spiritual factors which influence the child and family health care experience.
- Describe the impact of environmental factors in care of the child and family.
- Identify current research findings which have implications for the care of the child and family.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services