This course explores the role of the Advanced Practice Nurse within a changing health care environment, focusing on role theory and role development related to advanced practice. Leadership skills are developed for independent practice and collaboration within multidisciplinary professional and organizational frameworks.
- Apply the concepts of role theory and role development to advanced practice.
- Integrate management and leadership theories into the understanding of the advanced practice role.
- Assume a leadership role within the context of an inter-professional team using effective communication skills.
- Mentor and coach new and experienced nurses along with other healthcare team members.
- Design systems change strategies targeting improvement of the care environment.
- Evaluate new models of care delivery and coordination, and systems that support health care.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services