Extend and improve your ability to coach patients through lifestyle and health changes by enrolling in the Graduate Certificate in Health Coaching. This certificate program is designed for integrative health professionals, including physicians, nurses, chiropractors, nutritionists, pharmacists, acupuncture practitioners, naturopathy practitioners, physical fitness trainers, weight management coaches, and physical therapists, among others.
For admission to the graduate certificate program, students must meet all requirements for admission to a graduate degree program. For integrative practitioners and other interested individuals who are professionally prepared and licensed but may not have completed a bachelor’s degree, six of the eight courses are offered in partnership with Extended Learning and may be taken for non-academic credit.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Recognize how to use self-awareness tools to facilitate personal development and growth in yourself and in coaching clients.
- Evaluate health coaching models and methods.
- Recognize how to use exercises and tools to facilitate transition through coaching.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the core skills of motivational interviewing and when to use it, as well as why it is important for health coaching.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of EQ assessment tools and how assessment results are useful in the coaching practice.
- Write a project focused research paper, which results in the development of a coaching application, tool, or training method.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services