A focus on cancer and current treatment modalities with emphasis on radiation therapy. Designed to examine and evaluate the management of neoplastic disease. Cancers of the skin, brain, head and neck, thorax, and gastrointestinal tract are emphasized. The epidemiology, etiology, natural history, diagnosis, treatment strategies, sequelae and prognosis are discussed.
- Demonstrate effective and accurate oral and written communication skills using appropriate terminology for the malignant disease specified.
- State all major tumor classifications.
- Apply staging principles to clinical example.
- Describe the following for each major malignant neoplasms of the skin, brain, head and neck, thorax and gastrointestinal tract: a. anatomy b. epidemiology c. etiology d. natural history e. clinical presentation f. patterns of spread g. lymphatic involvement h. work-up i. staging j. treatment options k. radiation therapy techniques l. prognosis m. sequelae
- Apply radiation therapy treatment principles to determine appropriate treatment parameters.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services