Foundations in radiation therapy and the practitioner’s role in the health care delivery system. Principles, practices and policies of the educational program, health care organizations, principles of radiation and health safety and professional responsibilities of the radiation therapist.
- Evaluate key terms used in principles and practice of radiation therapy.
- Analyze the role of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy in the treatment of neoplastic disease.
- Explore basic radiation therapy principles.
- Explore psychosocial issues faced by people diagnosed with cancer.
- Describe key aspects of radiation safety.
- Differentiate between accreditation, credentialing, certification, registration, licensure and regulations.
- Explore the radiation therapist scope of practice, practice standards and the professional code of ethics.
- Discuss career advancement and opportunities for the radiation therapist.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services