Focuses on the historical and cross-cultural, physiological, psychological, sociological, economic and political aspects of aging. Retirement patterns, living environments, chronic disease and the role of health care professionals will be explored.
- Discuss problems, public perceptions, and stereotypes of older Americans.
- Discuss theoretical perspectives on aging.
- Analyze cross-cultural perspectives on aging.
- Interpret data related to the elderly.
- Identify changes in physical, physiological and psychological functioning and relate to health care issues.
- Discuss the major diseases that affect the older adult.
- Discuss family patterns in later life.
- Compare and contrast work, leisure, and retirement patterns of individuals.
- Compare and contrast living environments in later life.
- Discuss death and dying in today’s society.
- Discuss exploitation of the elderly.
- Discuss the politics of aging.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services