Study of established methods and instrumentation used in chemical analysis including titration, extraction, chromatography, spectroscopy, buffers, electrochemistry and kinetic methods.
- List 4 physical properties used in analytical measurements, including one advantage and one disadvantage for each.
- Outline the steps involved in chromatographic separation including sample preparation, choice of solvent and extraction techniques.
- Describe the process of molecular spectroscopy, including electromagnetic radiaton, UV vs absorption spectroscopy, and molecular fluorescence.
- Discuss fundamental chemical and physical concepts that underlie analytical methods.
- Create a strategy for the quantification of an analyte, given its physical and chemical properties.
Recommended: Prior completion of
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services