Two-month capstone project focused on a relevant problem in health informatics theory or practice. Planning and completion of either a data-based research project or other scholarship or creative activity. Grading is by H, S, or U only. Course is eligible for an ‘IP’ grade.
- Identify a relevant problem related to the theory or practice of health informatics.
- Conduct an exhaustive review of literature related to a problem in health informatics and summarize that review in writing.
- Formulate a valid solution to a problem in health informatics, either in the form of a testable hypothesis or in the form of a scholarly activity.
- Collect empirical data applicable to an empirical hypothesis or gather resources necessary to support scholarly activity in health informatics.
- Complete either a data-based research study or other scholarly activity.
- Perform a professional quality oral presentation describing the outcomes of either a research study or scholarly activity.
- Complete a professional quality written report describing the outcome of either a research study or scholarly activity.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services