Health informatics case study requiring analysis and synthesis of complex human, financial, and technical resources for the strategic use of information technology in a healthcare organization. Students study best practice case studies and make recommendations considering organizational dynamics and technical and market knowledge in a simulated healthcare environment.
- Explain the relationships between a healthcare business, clinical problem or opportunity and a health informatics solution.
- Analyze the organizational, cultural and political climate and current conditions in a healthcare organization and the alignment of organizational and information technology priorities.
- Communicate effectively with healthcare organization stakeholders and articulate decisions through written and oral presentations.
- Apply theoretical methodologies to plan the acquisition and implemention of a health technology system for a healthcare organization.
- Apply basic negotiation skills in a dynamic interactive team environment.
- Evaluate team member skills, organize and manage a team for efficiency, and lead or contribute to a healthcare professional team objective.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services