This course is designed to give the student a fundamental knowledge of evolving healthcare informatics and wireless healthcare delivery. Emphasis will be placed on the synergy between information systems and medical services with a focus on the improvement of medical standards and reduction of healthcare cost. Students will receive a comprehensive view of new and evolving e health and the rapid changes I n healthcare delivery models due to the rapid improvement in healthcare information delivery. Informatics, e health and wireless response to the growing healthcare disease and delivery market will be explored.
- Understand how healthcare is being dramatically changed through the use of wireless technology and massive changes in information technology.
- Utilizing new healthcare informatics to elicit and document evidence based healthcare.
- Recognize and document the role of healthcare informatics in improving medical standards and cost reduction.
- Recognize and understand the current and future trends in healthcare informatics.
- Understand the principles of wireless technology in the treatment of patients.
- Understand new evolving models in delivering healthcare and developing new healthcare delivery models using informatics.
- Identify applications of informatics with a focus on providing an integrated view of health.
- Survey evolving healthcare trends.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services