Focuses on the development of public policy concerning medical care and public health and the relationship between public decisions and the market place. Using contemporary policy issues as case studies, examines the role science, ideology, culture, and history play in influencing the structure of and changes to a nation’s health system.
- Describe the wide-ranging issues concerning health policy at all levels of government.
- Analyze the context of a health policy issue from a variety of perspectives.
- Evaluate the roles and interests of stakeholders in a given health policy issue.
- Categorize tools used for health policy as they are applied to specific health policy issues.
- Critique the importance of science and values in choosing a course of health policy action.
- Delineate evaluation measures of success or failure for health policy applications.
- Demonstrate health policy analytical skills in a practice setting.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services