Exploration of health status and issues in various communities. Application of the national agenda for health promotion and disease prevention in the United States. Emphasis on health disparities by socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender, age, ability and literacy. Examination of diffusion of health innovations throughout communities.
- Identify the goals, objectives and health determinants related to the focus areas of the current Healthy People agenda for the nation.
- Identify health disparities among communities in the United States by socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender, age and ability.
- Evaluate literacy levels of health information.
- Develop health education materials for a low literacy community.
- Apply the Diffusion of Innovation theory to the acceptance of health information in communities.
- Synthesize community health promotion interventions tailored for particular cultural groups.
- Evaluate community health promotion interventions in terms of cultural sensitivity and appropriateness.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services