Analysis of global public health with emphasis on defining and evaluating preventive efforts to affect the quantitative, biological, economic, social, political, and behavioral determinants of health. Investigation of burden of disease, social justice and equitable health care. Emphasis on reproductive health, population dynamics, complex humanitarian emergencies, globalization and global cooperation.
- Analyze the available descriptive epidemiological approaches used by international public health agencies in measuring the disease burden.
- Synthesize the cultural, social, behavioral, biological, environmental, economic, and organizational factors affecting global health.
- Develop recommendations for comprehensive preventive efforts that strive for social justice and equitable health care.
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness and the ethical considerations involved with the provisions of aid to developing nations and identify the issues related to dependency, self help and social sustainability.
- Evaluate the historic and contemporary role of international health agencies and their contributions to improving world health.
- Compare and contrast the U.S. Health Care System with those of other nations, and analyze managed care, universal health plans, public and private health care delivery.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services