Human nutrition is examined in the context of physical and emotional health across the lifespan. The cultural, economic and political context of nutrition in contemporary society is considered. Students develop a personal nutrition plan. Interventions designed to influence better eating habits in communities are examined.
- Appraise the characteristics and nutritional components of a healthy diet
- Differentiate disorders related to inadequate nutrient intake
- Distinguish the common nutrition-related concerns across the lifespan
- Examine the rationale for nutritional recommendations by public health professionals
- Examine major nutritional challenges by considering gender, socioeconomic status,and culture including religion.
- Evaluate interventions designed to modify nutrition intake in individuals and in communities
- Interpret nutritional recommendations for life-long self-improvement
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Health and Human Services
“Our faculty members are nationally recognized across a broad spectrum of health profession disciplines and prepare students for success in the ever-evolving health care field.”School of Health and Human Services