Learn to design, build, and manage IT infrastructures and apply that knowledge in the managing of IT resources for a variety of organizations in the Master of Science in Information Technology Management program. You’ll develop powerful and in-demand skills in project management, software design, database management, cyber security administration, problem solving, collaboration, and critical thinking.
In the MSMIS program, which combines the study of protocols and standards with hands-on training of leading-edge devices, you’ll develop the theoretical and practical skills that qualify you to join the growing field of Information Technology Management. While developing and using strong written and oral communication skills, you’ll learn to manage IT projects in a collaborative environment and participate on teams that tackle IT management challenges.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create and analyze project plans using software development life cycle (SDLC) and apply them to software and IT projects.
- Integrate local and remote servers, workstation computers and databases with proper user authentication to preserve user privacy and confidentiality.
- Administer wired and wireless networking environments.
- Design IT infrastructures using concepts of best practices in information technology management and security to enterprise processes.
- Evaluate an integrated system that involves computer applications to satisfy specific business processes.
- Manage IT projects using written and oral communication skills in collaborative environments by participating on teams that address solutions for IT management challenges.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing