Security management including risk assessment; controls and safeguard; planning. Encryption standards and algorithms are examined. Secure communications and identity management are also probed. Windows and Linux environments are included.
- Analyze and evaluate IT Security Management, security risk assessment and analysis.
- Analyze and evaluate IT Security Management Implementation, security controls and safeguards; IT Security Plan.
- Analyze and evaluate Data Encryption Standard, Advanced Encryption Standard, Stream Ciphers and RC4, Cipher Block Modes of Operation, Location of Symmetric Encryption Devices, Key Distribution
- Analyze and evaluate Secure Hash Functions, HMAC, RSA Public-key Encryption algorithm, Diffie-Hellman and other asymmetric algorithms.
- Analyze and evaluate Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS), IPV4 and IPV6 Security, Secure Email and S/MIME
- Analyze and evaluate Kerberos, X.509, Public Key Infrastructure, Federated Identity Management,
- Analyze and evaluate Linux Security model, Linux vulnerabilities and hardening, application security, mandatory access controls.
- Analyze and evaluate Windows Security basics, user security and network security.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing