Analysis of the values, ethics and ideologies in computing and their applications to current issues in computer industry within the contemporary sociocultural setting. Focuses on ethical decision-making in computing matters. students develop an ethical outlook on a wide variety of workplace issues in computing through case study, debate and readings.
- Identify ethical issues in different enterprise computing settings.
- Review real-life ethical cases and be able to develop ethical resolutions and policies.
- Understand laws and regulations related to ethics.
- Understand the consequences of ignoring and non-compliance with ethical imperatives.
- Learn about the best ethical practices and models.
- Develop a sound methodology in resolving ethical conflicts and crisis.
- Learn about the issues directly related to information technology environment and professionals.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing