This course takes a management perspective in exploring the acquisition, development and implementation of plans and policies to achieve efficient and effective information systems. Students will address topics relating to defining the IS infrastructure and the systems that support the operational and strategic needs of the organization. The course examines developing a framework that will allow leaders of organizations to assess existing IS infrastructures and emerging technologies as well as how these technologies affect organizational strategy.
- Compare the various functions and activities within the information systems area, including the role of IT management and the CIO, structuring of IS management within an organization, and managing IS professionals within the firm.
- Describe existing and emerging information technologies, the functions of IS and its impact on the organizational operations.
- Evaluate the issues and challenges associated with successfully and unsuccessfully incorporating IS into a firm.
- Analyze how strategic decisions are made concerning acquiring IS resources and capabilities including the ability to evaluate the different sourcing options.
- Apply information to the needs of different industries and areas.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing