Advanced system design concepts and details the methodologies of design for operational feasibility: system reliability, maintainability, usability (human factors), supportability (serviceability), producibility and disposability, and affordability (life-cycle costing). The course also provides an introduction to systems engineering management, including planning, organization, and program control and evaluation.
- Utilize design for X, design-dependent parameters, during the design of complex systems: reliability, maintainability, usability (human factors), supportability (serviceability), producibility and disposability, and affordability (life-cycle costing).
- For each design parameter: Develop and utilize metrics of each, Plan for system life cycle consideration of each, Utilize analysis methods of each, Utilize test and evaluation methods of each.
- Develop a systems engineering management plan (SEMP).
- Develop a statement of work (SOW).
- Define various organizational structures that create proper systems engineering environments.
- Develop a program management plan to manage review and reporting requirements and risk issues.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing