Focus on risks, contracts and legal issues related to project management. Covers materials on theories of risk management, cost estimation, pricing competitive bids, risk allocation, and incentive contract design, evaluation of threats and opportunities, and portfolio management.
- Define risk management principles and practices in managing projects.
- Exhibit an understanding of cost estimation, pricing competitive bids, risk allocation, and incentive contract design, evaluation of threats and opportunities, buffer management in a supply chain, investment appraisal, portfolio management and strategy formulation to manage projects successfully.
- Explain the basic concepts and structure of the American legal system.
- Recognize business situations that require legal counsel.
- Interpret and form contractual relationships in executing projects.
- Identify remedies for breach of contract in projects.
- Describe how third parties may become involved in contracts, and what their rights may be under the contract.
- Analyze legal issues that may arise in the project management engineering.
- Evaluate contract law and develop contracts pertinent to projects.
- Explain the need for awareness of and sensitivity to differences in business law in the international business environment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing