Exploration of design and interfacing of microcontroller based embedded systems. It covers various aspects of 8051 C and assembly language programming and interfacing. The course examines the architecture of the 8051 microcontroller along with a study of the I/O ports, addressing modes, interrupt routines, timings and the serial data communication in 8051.
- List the major components of the CPU and describe the purpose of each.
- Compare and contrast various members of the 8051 family of microcontrollers.
- Develop 8051 assembly language and C programs for various tasks.
- Describe the various modes of 8051 timers and program timers in assembly and C.
- Describe the serial communication feature of 8051 and program ports in assembly and C.
- Describe the purpose of interrupt vector table and program interrupts in assembly and C.
- Demonstrate an ability to interface various sensors to 8051 microcontroller.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing