Introduction to fundamental concepts, analysis and applications of continuous-time and discrete-time signals and linear systems. Course contents include time-domain and frequency-domain characterization of signals and systems, Fourier Series and Fourier Transform, basic sampling and filtering concepts, the Laplace Transform, and the Z Transform etc. The course will be supplemented with MATLAB based exercises.
- Classify and analyze different types of continuous-time and discrete-time signals.
- Understand the time domain and frequency domain representation of LTI systems and basic system properties.
- Apply various transforms, such as Fourier series, Fourier transform, Laplace transform etc., to analyze signals and LTI systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of signal filtering and sampling process.
- Use MATLAB to simulate and analyze signals and systems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing