A culminating experience in the Master of Arts in Second Language Teaching and Learning program. Students will be required to assess, plan, teach, and evaluate the progress of second language learners. Students must complete a total of a minimum of 16 clock hours in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrate selection, planning and implementation of appropriate methods and materials for second language learners.
- Demonstrate adaptation and monitoring of curriculum for students with varied cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate the ability to administer and analyze formal and informal assessment instruments that inform decisions about students’ learning and development across domains and content areas.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills with peers, administrators, assistants, parents, students and other members of the community, school or agencies.
- Demonstrate ability to critically examine his/her own teaching practice and make appropriate adjustments based on self-evaluation.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of technology in meeting the needs of ESL students.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education