Examines and applies specific approaches and techniques of standards-based assessment and use of materials in order to implement the most effective assessments in teaching practices for all students, especially English Language Learners based on age-appropriate tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assessment issues related to reliability, validity, and test bias and their significance for English language learners.
- Demonstrate knowledge of state-mandated standardized assessments, in designing, monitoring ,and refining instruction
- Demonstrate understanding of various types of classroom assessments for English Language Learners and their purposes, features and limitations; understanding of the importance of selecting and using appropriate classroom assessments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics, advantages and limitations of various informal and formal assessments.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze student assessment and assessment results in order to modify and differentiate instruction, to plan strategies for reteaching specific content and/or skills as necessary, and to select or design classroom modifications/interventions to address an individual English language learner’s needs.
- Use formative and summative assessment to design and implement differentiated, standards-based instruction.
- Apply strategies for differentiating and scaffolding assessment tasks for English Learners.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.