A continuance of TED 640A, and as such, continues to focus upon the practice and development of teaching skills in the classroom in a full day, eight-week term at a school site. Elementary education candidates continue to meet the requirements of the Teacher Performance Expectations as they are mentored by a university supervisor and a master teacher at the school site. Students continue to attend the seminar coincidentally with the student teaching experience. Grading is by S or U only.
- Assume classroom responsibility of the teaching position by demonstrating attention to each of the Thirteen Performance Expectations, as reported in the Evaluation Form.
- Design lesson plans and present lessons for observation and critique by Field Supervisors and the University Supervisor.
- Participate in monthly conferences.
- Describe a variety of lessons and identify state adopted academic content standards, teaching techniques, instructional strategies, assessment techniques, and Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs) by reporting these observations on the Verification of Off-site Observations / Experiences Form.
- Demonstrate fulfillment of professional responsibilities and maintenance of positive interpersonal relationships.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.