Focuses upon the practice and development of teaching skills in the classroom in a full day, eight-week term at a school site. Elementary education candidates meet the requirements of the Teacher Performance Expectations and are mentored by a university supervisor and a master teacher at the school site. Students attend the seminar coincidentally with the student teaching experience. Grading is by S or U only.
- Describe school policy, procedures, and facilities, and master teacher’s expectations by completing Checklist #1: Site Orientation.
- Describe the role of five school personnel and the school nurse in the successful and smooth operation of the school by completing Checklist #3: Interviews.
- Describe a variety of lessons and identify State adopted academic content standards, teaching techniques, instructional strategies, assessment techniques, and Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs) by completing Checklist #2: On-site Observations.
- Design lesson plans and present three lessons for observation and critique by the Master Teacher and the University Supervisor.
- Demonstrate fulfillment of professional responsibilities and maintenance of positive interpersonal relationships.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education