Multiple subject curriculum development in teaching math and science using State of California content standards. The course emphasizes content-specific teaching practices, lesson design, and assessment of student learning used to provide access to the curriculum for all students. This course requires four-hours of field experiences in a K6 classroom.
- Analyze three research, self-selected articles dealing with math or science found in the educational literature and research.
- Analyze five of eight school-based curricular documents in terms of curriculum, curricular decision-making, forces driving curricular decisions; curriculum ideologies/conceptions; and its usual curricular design (and process, if possible).
- Analyze instructional strategies for teaching K6 mathematics by focusing on the implementation of strategies, examples, lessons learned, and influences on future teaching practices.
- Analyze instructional strategies for teaching K6 science by focusing on the implementation of strategies, examples, lessons learned, and influences on future teaching practices.
- Write an analytical paper based on student-learning data obtained from a designed and implemented assessment instrument focused on a K-6 textbook (math and/or science).
- Create a one week Unit Plan in a K-6 mathematics or science academic content area. Design a K6 standards-based, mathematics lesson plan and provide rationales for all lesson plan elements.
- Design a K6 standards-based, science lesson plan and provide rationales for all lesson plan elements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education